TvOS 13 beta install on your Apple TV
The beta version of TVOS 13 for developers and developers is now on sale; The public beta version has to wait further (perhaps by the end of June or until the beginning of July).
If you want to install the TVOS 13 Beta on your Apple TV, then you are in the right place. Then we will tell you all the steps to follow so that you can try all the devices of the TVOS 13 operating system before anyone else.
During WWDC’s initial speeches, Apple described the new features of tvOS 13. There is a redesigned home screen, compatibility with the original TV content available for broadcast via TV + app, multiple user profiles and controllers. Dualshock 4 and Xbox One games.
Of course, there will be many more Apple fans who will be ready to try these new features before the new operating system’s fall, and developers would like to see how well their applications work with it.
However, before making any decision, take the following precautions. If you have only one Apple TV – and especially if you do not have an alternative device to view Netflix and this way – then we strongly recommend that you do not install the beta version on your Apple TV because You can break it.
Apple warns: “Trying to install this version of TVOS in an unauthorized manner can put your device in an idle condition and it requires repairs outside of warranty.”
Ready to install the beta version? This is what you need:
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV 4th generation. (Previous models of Apple TV are not compatible)
- If you are a developer or developer you will also need the following:
- Register as a developer: Go to the registration page of the ‘Apple Developer Program’ and click on ‘Enroll’. You can register for free, but if you want to download the software, it will cost you $ 99 (approximately € 87 per year).
- The latest version of Xcode.
- The latest version of Apple Configurator.
- The latest version of macOS.
- Your Mac and Apple TV must be on the same network
If you want to try the public beta version, you have to wait – we hope it will be launched at the end of June or early July 2019. When the public edition is ready, you can sign up here on the beta seed program website.
You must be over 18 years of age and have a valid Apple ID, and you should be prepared to accept the ‘Confidentiality Agreement‘, which means that you agree not to share update information or screenshots. Are.
There are two ways to install the beta version if you have the Apple TV (4th generation), but only one of them works if you have the newest Apple TV 4K, so we’ll start there.
To run the beta version of the developer you need to do the following:
- Go to the Apple Developer download page on your Mac and download the tvOS beta software configuration profile .
- Connect and turn on your Apple TV.
- Open Xcode on your Mac.
- In Xcode, choose ‘Window> Devices and Simulators’.
- Click on ‘Devices‘.
- Now, switch to Apple TV and open ‘Settings‘.
- Select ‘Remote controls and devices> Remote App and Devices‘.
- Your Apple TV should look for possible pairing devices and discover the Mac.
- Go back to Xcode on the Mac and you can select the Apple TV (it will be in the left column under ‘Discovered‘).
- You will see a connection request to Apple TV.
- Enter here the verification code that appears on the Apple TV and click on ‘Connect‘.
- Once Xcode has been paired with the Apple TV, a network icon will appear next to the Apple TV in the left column.
- Now open the Apple Configurator on your Mac.
- If this is the first time you set up an Apple TV, click on ‘Prepare‘ and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you are adding profiles for an Apple TV that you have previously configured, click on ‘Add> Profiles’. (You can also drag a profile from the Finder and drop it directly on the Apple TV icon).
As we said earlier, there are two ways to install the 4th generation TV, Apple explains the second way – using ‘Restore Image‘ – here.
The TVOS beta is not yet available to the public, but it should not be long in late June or early July. The installation process is described below:
- Sign up for the Apple Beta software program here. Click on ‘Register‘ and enter your Apple ID. Sign in and then click ‘Accept‘ to accept the terms and conditions.
- On your Apple TV, click ‘Settings> Accounts‘.
- Click ‘ICloud‘ and enter the email address and password of the email id you used when joining the ‘Public Beta‘ program.
- Click on the ‘Menu‘ button on your Siri remote control.
- Click on ‘Menu‘ again.
- Now click on Public Systems> Software Updates and activate the beta gate public beta update.
- Click on ‘Get Public Beta Updates‘.
- Accept ‘Terms and Conditions‘.
- You should now be able to install the beta version. Reopen ‘Settings‘.
- Click ‘Software Update> Update Software‘.
- Now select ‘Download and install