Trick to download OpenOffice on Mac
- > Requirements to download OpenOffice for Mac
- > What programs are included in the OpenOffice for Mac suite?
- > How to get OpenOffice for your Mac or MacBook
When we think of an office suite, it is easy that the first thing that comes to mind is the Microsoft Office, which includes popular programs like Word, Excel or PowerPoint or even iWork applications designed by Apple There are: Pages, Keynotes and Numbers.
Although there are free ways to download Office for Mac, but a good option can bet on Apache OpenOffice, a completely free office suite with which you’ll have programs similar to Microsoft.
Below, we will guide you through downloading OpenOffice on your Mac or Macbook and through the steps that are being followed to follow a Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Database, Other Free Applications.
Requirements to download OpenOffice for Mac
In addition to being free and easy to use, one of the great advantages of the OpenOffice suite is that it is available for all operating systems, be it Windows, Linux or OS X. Here are the requirements to download it on your Mac.
- Having OS X 10.7 or later installed
- Mac with Intel processor
- Have 512 MB of free RAM
- Have 400 MB of free space
- Screen with a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels or more and 16.7 million colors
- Have Java Runtime Environment 1.5.x or higher installed
Get OpenOffice for your Mac or MacBook
Downloading OpenOffice Office Suite on your Mac or MacBook is as easy as going to the download section of the official website, selecting your operating system, language and version of preference and clicking on the ‘Download Full Instance’ button.
To install it on your computer or laptop, when you open the .exe file, you follow the instructions on the screen. Now you can enjoy all the programs included in this free suite.
What programs are included in the OpenOffice for Mac suite?
From the official website of OpenOffice it does not seem that each program can be downloaded individually, so bear in mind that, when downloading the package, all these OpenOffice applications will be installed on your system:
- OpenOffice Writer (word processor)
- OpenOffice Calc (spreadsheet)
- OpenOffice Impress (presentations)
- OpenOffice Draw (database)
- OpenOffice Math (vector graphics editor)
- OpenOffice Base (mathematical formulas editor)