How to change Apple Login to another method in Fortnite
The relationship between Apple and Epic Games is not going through its best moment. The two great titans of the technological world will face each other in court, surely at the expense of the interests of iOS gamers around the world.
Epic Games tried to avoid the 30% commission that Apple takes for internal purchases in Fortnite , and those of Cupertino responded by directly removing the game from the App Store and ensuring that it would not return until Epic rectified (or if Epic wins the lawsuit) .
The controversy continues. Now, Apple has announced that it will no longer offer ‘Sign in with Apple’ support for Fortnite , the Epic Games Store, and any other site where you sign into your Epic Games account.
The apple company has given gamers only a few days to change their login method, so if they don’t, they may lose access to their accounts. Although the deadline has been extended, you will need to know how to do it.
Why should you stop using ‘Sign in with Apple’?
Apple is largely responsible for Fortnite iOS gamers being forced to stop using the ‘Sign in with Apple’ method. In fact, he has instigated it as part of his battle with Epic Games for the 30% commission.
In a tweet on September 9, Epic confirmed that Apple would stop offering support for this login method as of the 11th of the same month. Thus, users had only two days to make the change or they would lose access to their account.
Luckily, Apple has reconsidered and extended this deadline, although it is unknown until when. This is why Epic recommends that its users change the method as soon as possible so that they do not lose their account.
Apple will no longer allow users to sign into Epic Games accounts using “Sign In with Apple” as soon as September 11, 2020. If you used “Sign In with Apple”, please make sure your email and password are up to date. https://t.co/4XZX5g0eaf— Epic Games Store (@EpicGames) September 9, 2020
How to switch from ‘Sign in with Apple’ to another method in Fortnite
Fortunately, the process is quite simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Go to the Epic Games website and log into your account using the ‘Sign in with Apple’ option, just like you would on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Hover over your account in the upper right corner and click on ‘Account’.
3. In the ‘General’ tab, click on the icon to edit your email and enter the one you would like to use from now on to log into your Epic account.
4. Click on ‘Confirm’.
5. Now, go to your inbox of the email you have chosen and look for an email with a verification link. Click to confirm the changes.
6. In addition to changing your email, some former Apple ID users will need to create a new password. You can do this in the ‘Security and Privacy’ tab of the Epic Games page, or using the option ‘Have you forgotten your password?’.
What happens if you don’t change the login method?
Even with the September 11 deadline extension, Epic expects Apple to stop offering ‘Sign in with Apple’ support at some point. This is why the company behind Fortnite recommends changing the login method.
If Apple suddenly decides to remove access to the Epic account with its method (although we think it will warn before), it would be possible to recover it. That’s as long as you’ve received an email from Epic.
1. Check the email inbox associated with your Apple ID and look for an email from Epic with the following subject: “IMPORTANT! Epic Games account update required for continued access. ” (that is, “IMPORTANT! You need to update your Epic Games account to continue to have access.”).
2. Open the email and write down the verification code consisting of nine digits.
3. Go to the Epic Games support page, scroll down and tap on ‘Contact’.
4. You must fill in the contact information and include the verification code that you wrote down in the second point.
5. Send the help form.
This process requires you to contact Epic directly, which means that it will likely take a few days for them to reply to you (especially if they receive many forms like yours at once).
It is also worth noting that, although most users should be able to regain access to their account with this process, this is not guaranteed, so we recommend that you choose another method as we have explained above.