How to cancel your subscription with Apple Music
Apple has a free trial of Apple Music to see if you like the service. After the trial expires, you will have to pay US $ 9.99 per month for a single user subscription or US $ 15 for a family subscription.
If you end up liking Apple Music , you don’t have to do anything after the trial period ends; the charge on your credit card filed in your account will be made automatically.
But what do you do if you don’t want an Apple Music subscription? Below you will find instructions to end the trial period on iPhone or iPad, Mac or on the web.
Cancel Apple Music using your iPhone or iPad
These are the instructions for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.
- Open the music app.
- Tap ‘For you’ at the bottom of the screen.
- On the ‘For you’ screen, tap your profile icon at the top right of the screen. It’s the round icon with your initials.
- The ‘Account’ screen will appear. Click on ‘Manage subscription’.
- The ‘Edit Subscription’ screen should appear. You can press the ‘Cancel Free Trial / Cancel Subscription’ button at the bottom of the screen to cancel it.
- A cancellation confirmation popup will appear. Press ‘Confirm’ to cancel.
You can also cancel Apple Music through ‘Settings> your Apple ID account> Subscriptions’.
Cancel Apple Music on macOS Catalina or later
Starting with macOS Catalina, Apple replaced the iTunes app with separate Music, Podcasts, and TV apps. Canceling Apple Music is done in the App Store application.
- Open the app from the App Store.
- Click on ‘View information’ at the top right of the window.
- You may need to enter your Apple ID password.
- 4. On the Account Information screen, scroll down to the ‘Manage’ section. Find ‘Subscriptions’ and to the right of it, click ‘Manage’.
- The ‘Subscriptions’ screen will appear, with information about your Apple subscriptions. In the ‘Active’ section, find ‘Apple Music’ and, on the right, click ‘Edit’.
- The ‘Edit Apple Music Subscription’ screen will appear. Scroll down and you will find the ‘Cancel Free Trial / Cancel Subscription’ button. Click on it.
- The App Store application will ask you to confirm your cancellation. Click ‘Confirm’ to continue or click No now if you’ve changed your mind.
Cancel Apple Music in the iTunes app (macOS before Catalina)
ITunes account information
Open iTunes. Do you see the user icon, the circle with a human silhouette? (If your window is wide enough, your name will be next to the icon.) Click on it and a menu will appear. Select Account Information.
After entering your Apple ID password, you will see the iTunes account information page. Scroll down to the ‘Settings’ section. Find the list of subscriptions and click the ‘Manage’ link in front of it.
Manage your subscriptions
You should now be in the ‘Subscription Management’ section of iTunes. You’ll see a list of your subscriptions, including Apple Music. It will also show when your free trial ends, and that automatic renewal is turned on. Click on the ‘Edit’ link.
Turn off automatic renewal
This screen shows your membership options. Disable automatic renewal by selecting the ‘Turn off’ option under ‘Automatic renewal’. This section also allows you to select between an individual and a family membership.
If you want to reactivate automatic renewal, just follow the same steps and select the type of membership you want.
Cancel Apple Music on the web
- In your browser, go to ‘music.apple.com’.
- Click on the account icon at the top right of the page. (It’s the circle icon with the silhouette of a person.) Select ‘Settings’.
- Enter your Apple ID username and password if necessary.
- On the ‘Account Settings’ page, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Subscriptions’ section. Click on ‘Manage’.
- A pop-up will appear . At the bottom there is a button to unsubscribe. Click on it.
- You will be asked to confirm your cancellation. Click ‘Confirm’ to continue, or click No now if you’ve changed your mind.